Novia University of Applied Sciences is looking for a Special Planner to Aboa Mare's simulator department
Your role will be to support simulation activities at the Aboa Mare Campus. You will work together with our Simulator Manager to develop and maintain the simulators. You will be in daily contact with our simulator instructors and support them in the use of the simulators’ technical equipment. You will collaborate with the Research, Development and Innovation team on realising project activities within simulation and will work closely with ICT service of Novia UAS to safeguard the security of services used at Aboa Mare.
· procurement, development and maintenance of ICT equipment and software
· active collaboration with Novia UAS’s ICT service
· development and maintenance of AV and navigation equipment
· installation, updating and testing of software
· contact with system suppliers and main users
· simulator support function for users
· firewall administration (internal and external)
· administration of the simulators’ server environment
The ideal candidate will be interested in developing the organisation, their own work and therefore themselves, and possess:
· a relevant university degree or documented previous work experience from similar assignments
· good language skills in Swedish, Finnish and English
· good cooperation and problem-solving ability as well as the ability to self-study
· experience of project coordination and documentation
· knowledge of and experience in software development and integration with different types of hardware, e.g. controllers, input devices etc.
· experience of ICT operations, security work, networks in large organisations
· knowledge of Office365 and SIEM
Salary in accordance with collective agreement for the private education sector. The position includes a probationary period of six months.
Employment to start on 18 October 2021 or by agreement
Application: The deadline for applications is 16.00 on Monday 27 September.
Applications must be sent via Novia's electronic system.